struggling with not being at school (with an update)

I'm getting to the point where I'm feeling a bit miserable being at home everyday. In the first few weeks out of education, I managed to keep myself busy. However, there's a limit to the amount of shopping and eating out a girl can do. The people I used to go to school with are all still in school, and by the time they finish for the day, I go off to work, only leaving weekends to meet up (that's if they don't have too much work to do which rarely happens for sixth-formers). I do have a few friends who are only in school part time, and a friend who's a full time mummy that I get to meet up with. But that's not something to keep me busy everyday of every week.

I think that, if it wasn't for the fact that I work every evening, things would be a lot different. I'm so thankful for my job. 

So basically, I'm a bit stuck and feeling a bit lonely. I know I'm not lonely, but when you seem to spend most of your time at home or at work, it's hard not to feel like you are.

However, I have found that having so much spare time is giving me a chance to strengthen my relationship with God and really learn what it is to have a faith and to live for him. I've also managed to get things done that I wouldn't have been able to do if I was still in school. I've been able to spend more quality time with the people who are around and strengthen relationships with these people.

***
I wrote the first part of this post a few weeks ago, so I guess this is sort of updating it. I got an email from YWAM a week or so ago telling me that I've been accepted! Things are moving and I now have things to do in the run up to going away for 6 months. I'm arranging an event to raise a bit of money to go towards my DTS. I'm trying to think of the things I need to take with me, and things I need to get done before I go. I'm also still trying to spend time with God - especially just in everyday situations. I'm learning to turn to pray as soon as there's something I'm struggling with or if there's a situations that I'm unsure about. 

God's preparing me to move on from my past. School is behind me now. It doesn't feel strange that everyone is at school while I'm here writing and planning. It feels right. It is right. 

To stop the boredom and running out of things to do, I've started writing lists of things I want to get done by the end of the week. That way I have at least one thing to do each day so that I don't get bored and I know there's always something to do. 

I'm also trying to start getting Christmas presents sorted early and on a budget, rather than just going to poundland on the first day of the Christmas holidays, so that will keep me busy too!

If you feel like you want to, please pray for me as I take this next big step in my life - It is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment