I Started Journalling

I've started journalling, and it's amazing!

For my birthday a few days ago, I was given a couple of notebooks from friends. I decided I would start journalling. I decided to start writing about things that are on my mind and things to think or pray about. so that's what I'm doing. I went to Starbucks yesterday with my notebook and pens. I just sat there with a coffee, headphones in listening to a soul survivor playlist, and I wrote. I wrote about everything that been on my mind. I wrote about work, about worship at church, relationships, prayers, my confusion over piercings and tattoos, and a lot more. It was nice to be able to read my thoughts. to think about them more clearly. If I have any more thoughts about anything, I can go back to the place I left off, rather than remembering my last thoughts about it in my head. I can look back and prayers to find that they have been answered. I can look back in a few months or even years time and see just how much things have changed.

It's also helping me to stay closer to God everyday, to turn to prayer before anything else. I feel more peaceful. I can put things into perspective and concentrate on the things God really wants me to.

I also sat at home with my Bible and notebook. I opened my Bible on a random page but then got distracted. I later glanced down at my Bible to see this verse:
So God can also use this time to speak to us.

Basically, start journalling - it'll change everything for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment